Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
So you didn't score tickets. There's plenty going on in LA this weekend, from the bizarre (Wilson Phillips at Loehmann's) to the neighborhood-centric (a block party in Echo Park). Below, five things to get you out of the house tomorrow and Sunday.
1. Echo Park Block Party with Myrtle, Folklore Salon and more: Folklore Salon has just opened at 1102 Mohawk Street near Sunset and to celebrate, they're throwing a party with neighbor and fellow newcomer Myrtle as well as Spitfire Girl, Taxi CDC, Kelly Green, Gentlemen's Breakfast, deKor, Lux De Ville and The Hedgehog (formerly The Coffee Pot). All will be open until 8pm, and some will be offering incentives to stop by—Myrtle, for instance, is knocking 20% off everything in the store while Folklore promises "music, food, drinks and people with great hair." Details: Saturday until 8pm. Sunset Blvd between Rosemont Ave and Mohawk St.
2. Long Beach Flea Market: More than 800 vendors show up to this outdoor market, where you can find everything from furniture to vintage clothing and accessories to art. Details: Sunday, April 15 from 8am to 2pm. 4901 E Conant St, Long Beach. Entrance is $5 and you can get a discount coupon right here.
3. Wilson Phillips plays Loehmann's Beverly Hills: You read that right. Nineties phenomenon Wilson Phillips will be singing at a Loehmann's. The appearance is to promote the sisters' new album, Dedicated and their soon-to-debut reality TV show, Wilson Phillips: Still Holding On. Details: Sunday, April 15th from 1 to 3pm. 333 S La Cienega Blvd near Olympic Blvd.
4. Space 15 Twenty Yard Sale: Space 15 Twenty is hosting a yard sale this weekend with
online resale boutique Threadflip and Two Point Oh! LA. While you're there you can also pop in to the nutso Urban Outfitters sample sale, which will be winding down Sunday. Details: Sunday, April 15th from 11am to 4pm. 1520 Micheltorena St nr Sunset Blvd.
5. Silver Lake Art, Craft and Vintage market returns: For east siders who don't feel like driving all the way to Long Beach, the Silver Lake Art, Craft and Vintage market is back this Saturday. There will be clothes (both vintage and DIY), accessories, collectables, food trucks and—breaking—a ping pong table. Details: Saturday, April 14th from 10am to 4pm. 1511 Micheltorena St nr Sunset Blvd.