Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
In honor of Beauty Week 2012, we're peeking into the cosmetics cases of some of our city's top stylesetters to see if their beauty game matches their enviable fashion sense. Spoiler alert: it totally does. From La Mer eye cream and Tom Ford lipstick to bobby pins and bandaids, we'll showcase high-end and drugstore essentials from a new bag each day. Let's go!
Photos courtesy of Catt Sadler.
You know the name and you know the face. As an Emmy-winning journalist and popular host on E! News, Catt Sadler is our go-to gal for all things celebrity juice. In addition to her infectious personality (she's known for charming even the most pokerfaced stars), Sadler's fresh style has become such a hit amongst viewers that she now shares her daily on-air outfits on social style app Pose—and has managed to accumulate over 100,000 followers in the process.
Since she spends the greater part of her day sitting in a makeup chair getting primped for various hosting gigs, she's tried just about every beauty product under the sun. Here are her favorites.
1. MAC Strobe Cream ($15): "This is definitely a staple in my bag. I love how it moisturizes with a slight shimmery glow. Looks great on bare skin or over foundation."
2. Own Advanced Lip Protector SPF 16 ($5): "This product is all-natural and contains no harsh chemicals. I love sliding this on for protection and moisture."
3. YSL Touché Éclat #3 ($40): "I use this radiant, non-cakey highlighter to conceal under eye bags and dark spots. I'm obsessed!"
4. La Mer Eye Cream ($165): "An absolute must. I use this daily to soothe dry eyes. This keeps me hydrated where I like it and a little goes a long way!"
5. Tom Ford Lip Color in True Coral ($48): "I love this shade for day and night. I also use this when I don't have the time for full makeup because it brightens the whole face and makes you look instantly chic."
6. Catalina Su Lipgloss ($14): "This is the perfect neutral shade of peachy gold. It's amazing alone or layered on top of lipstick."
7. Chantecaille Oil-Free Gel Foundation in Wheat ($72): This foundation is light, glides on easily, and takes the red out of my skin without masking it with heavy coverage."
8. Chanel Inmitable Intense Mascara in Noir ($30): "I use this very black and luscious mascara religiously."
9. La Mer Hand Treatment ($70): "I have the driest skin. This instantly makes my hands feel like new after one application."
10. MAC Prep + Prime ($28): "I never leave home without it!"
· E! News [Official Site]
· Beauty Week 2012 [Racked]
· Inside Who What Wear Co-Founder Hillary Kerr's Makeup Bag [Racked]