Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Los Angeles Fashion Week is finally upon us. If you, too, are overwhelmed by the insane amount of shows, presentations, installations and parties looming, we've rounded up the top events worth stepping out for. From a Wren pop-up shop at TenOverSix to British Fashion Council at Ace Gallery to a live performance by Hyper Crush at Avalon, behold our nine-day LAFW hit list.
Friday, March 9:
· Chambers presentation at Ace Gallery (5514 Wilshire Blvd), 9pm. By invitation only.
Saturday, March 10:
· Gypsy Junkies fashion show at Ace Gallery, 3pm. Free with RSVP: email@example.com.
· Laili Lau fashion show at Ace Gallery, 5pm. Free with RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Belle N. Matisse installation at Ace Gallery, 6—9pm. Free with RSVP: RSVP@BelleNMatisse.com.
· Curly-V installation at Ace Gallery, 6—9pm. Free with RSVP: email@example.com.
Monday, March 12:
· Stop Staring! fashion show at Vibiana (214 South Main St), 6—8pm. Free with RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday, March 13:
· British Fashion Council presents LONDON show ROOMs featuring Mary Katrantzou, Nicholas Kirkwood and more at Ace Gallery, 10am—7pm daily, March 13—March 15. By invitation only.
· Project Ethos fashion show and performance by Hyper Crush at Avalon Hollywood (1735 Vine Street), 8pm—2am. Purchase $20 pre-sale tix here.
Wednesday, March 14:
· Los Angeles Fashion Council Homecoming Party at SB Lofts (600 S. Spring St, Penthouse 11), 8pm—12am. Free with RSVP: email@example.com.
Thursday, March 15:
· Stylehaüs Coachella-themed fashion show at Mondrian Hotel (8440 Sunset Blvd), 7:30pm—10pm. By invitation only.
· Dripped Fashion Soiree and Trunk Show at Club Tatou (333 S. Boylsten St), 7:30pm—2am. $10 with RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, March 16:
· Betsey Johnson show for LA Fashion Weekend at Sunset Gower Studios (6040 Sunset Blvd), 8pm. Free with RSVP: email@example.com.
Saturday, March 17:
· Ashlee Brooks show for LA Fashion Weekend at Sunset Gower Studios, 8pm. Free with RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday, March 18:
· Gossip Girl by Romeo & Juliet Couture show for LA Fashion Weekend at Sunset Gower Studios, 8pm. Free with RSVP: email@example.com.
· Wren spring 2012 pop-up shop and short film by Gia Coppola at TenOverSix (8425 Melrose Ave), 6—8pm. Free and open to all.