Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Adrienne Maloof and her muse, Shaun Robinson, wearing Adrienne Maloof by Charles Jourdan heels.
- Designer Anthony Franco and his muses.
- Model Caroline D'Amore and actress Jamie Chung.
- We loved Caroline's futuristic booties by Michael Antonio.
- Designer Tanja Pignatelli (left) and muse.
- We didn't catch this lady's name, but she was definitely loving the spotlight.
- Actress and blogger Taye Hansberry (www.stuffshelikes.net) rocking a Marni for H&M dress, hot off the racks.
Although we were crazy-exhausted last night due to Marninsanity, we couldn't resist swinging by FGILA's "Meet the Designer and the Muse" gala to chat with another one of our favorite Real Housewives stars, Adrienne Maloof. We didn't know what to expect in our first encounter with the soft-spoken entrepreneur, so you can imagine our surprise when we discovered that she's actually super tiny in person. She's also extremely knowledgeable about footwear and says that designing a line of shoes for Charles Jourdan is a dream come true.
Speaking of shoes, we had to know more about her insane personal collection that we've only seen snippets of on RHOBH. As expected, her favorite footwear designer is Christian Louboutin (who actually served as an apprentice to Jourdan back in the day). After some persuading, she also revealed that she has around 300 pairs of
red soles shoes in her closet. (Update: Maloof contacted us to clarify that she owns 300 pairs of shoes, not just Loubs, though many are from the designer.)
While Maloof (pictured above with her muse Shaun Robinson of Access Hollywood) was certainly our main attraction to the gala, we rounded up some other featured guests for you in the gallery.
· Adrienne Maloof [Official Site]
· Meet Real Housewife Adrienne Maloof at Ace Gallery Tomorrow [Racked]
· Camille Grammer Wants Gwen Stefani to Wear Her Jewelry [Racked]