Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Let the games begin.
- Outside looking in.
- Shoppers lining up early.
- One of the many major hauls we spotted last night.
- This lady grabbed just about everything from the collection.
- After grabbing everything and anything, the editing process begins.
- This patent panel jacket was a favorite.
- Many invitees brought supportive guests to talk them out of impulse buys.
- You know it's serious when shoppers are too busy to partake in free food and drinks.
- The super strict doorman.
- DJ Pesce
- Talk about a clean sweep.
Before waking up at the crack of dawn to liveblog the Marninsanity for you, last night we were invited to pre-shop the Marni for H&M collection at H&M West Hollywood with a handful of fashion insiders. While the event was definitely exclusive and a bit more upscale than today's public launch, guests left all snootiness at the door and put their game faces on to ensure that they snapped up everything on their lengthy wish lists.
Although the party was scheduled to start at 7pm, diehards started queuing an hour early. The line was wrapped around the store by the time we got there at 6:30. Once we made it through the high-security door, we were greeted by very loud music, flowing bubbly and hors d'oeuvres. It was a full-on party filled to the brim with stylish folk climbing over each other and stacking their shopping bags with boxes upon boxes of covetable items. Like today, the hot-ticket item was jewelry (especially the clear acrylic necklaces), followed by the striped silk pajamas and platform sandals.
After grabbing our picks and waiting nearly an hour in the checkout line, we went on our merry way. Click through the gallery for some standout sightings, including a very hefty total at the cash register.
· Marni for H&M: The Complete LA Shopping Guide [Racked]
· Marninsanity: Despite the Cold, Shoppers Turn Out [Racked]
· Marninsanity: Accessories Picked Clean, Clothes to Follow [Racked]