Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Models working gowns designed by Lazaro for JLM Couture.
- The calm before the storm.
- The first thing we encountered: a perfectly-manicured lawn overlooking the beach.
- The second thing: a gourmet cheese spread. So far, so good...
- Gordon Ramsay's station for The London West Hollywood, complete with complimentary macarons.
- We definitely recommend getting your bridal makeup done by the beauty gurus at Blushington.
- The Soolip stationary station offered tons of wedding invitation inspiration.
- We adored this lingerie by Naked Princess (www.nakedprincess.com). Fun fact: their chantilly lace is sourced from Solstiss - the same French brand that provided the lace for Kate Middleton's McQueen wedding gown!
- The VeeV cocktails were all under 125 calories and were served in cute mini mason jars.
- More candy! The blueberry gummi bears and sour balls were a major hit.
- How cute are these strawberries dipped in chocolate tuxedos? Yes, we had seconds (okay, thirds).
- We thought the photo booth props might be a little cheesy, but they were actually super fun to play with (especially after a few drinks).
- Our favorite gown of the day, by Lazaro.
- Another nice touch: GreenTreeLA.com offered complimentary soil and seeds for the bride and groom to grow together.
- Lazaro with his designs.
- A Soolip Wedding's creator, Wanda Wen, and her daughter.
- This is why we love LA.
When we posted this giveaway a few weeks back offering pair of tickets to A Soolip Wedding at the Bel-Air Bay Club, we knew Racked readers would be interested, but didn't expect the frenzy of excitement it actually created. You guys really know your stuff because we popped by the annual wedding prep event this weekend—and it was off the hook.
Highlights included top-notch wedding registry booths for stores like Williams-Sonoma and Bloomingdale's, an addictive self-serve candy station by Candee by Sandee (we've never seen so many adults excited about gummi bears), a mouth-watering cake tasting by Cake Divas, fruit-infused mojitos by VeeV Açaí Spirit, a hilarious (also addictive) prop photo booth, makeup by our friends at Blushington and a wedding gown fashion show by JLM Couture. The backdrop of the private beach club's perfect view of the sun-kissed beach didn't hurt, either.
Behold our snaps from the bash and be sure to reserve your spot next year!
· A Soolip Wedding [Official Site]
· Win Two Tickets to LA's Hottest Wedding Prep Event [Racked]