Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Kim Kardashian in an optical illusion dress by Lela Rose. She's been wearing tons of designs from this LA-based designer lately.
- Ellie Kemper (wearing Valentino) was super nice and super happy that we complimented her hair: "It's been a subject of controversy, so that really means a lot."
- A note on the 50th anniversary capsule collection.
- A peek at the capsule.
- More capsule designs.
- The infamous Valentino kitten heels.
- WhoWhatWear's Hillary Kerr with guest. Kerr says that there are some very, very exciting things coming from WWW soon. Stay tuned!
- Elegant long-sleeved, long gowns line the store.
- Blurry encounter with Rose McGowan.
- Full house
- More It-shoes
- Last but not least: Valentino Red.
To kick off Valentino's 50th anniversary, the Italian fashion house has just unveiled their snazzy Beverly Hills flagship at 324 N Rodeo Drive. The new outpost, which replaces the Valentino boutique formerly located at 360 N Rodeo, is designed by award-winning architect Sir David Chipperfield and is the first US Valentino store to feature this new design concept.
Last night, Valentino's creative directors Maria Grazia Chirui and Pierpaolo Piccioli and a slew of celebrity hosts like Gia Coppola and Nicky Hilton invited 150 guests to check out the new digs. We had the pleasure of attending and mingling with tons of famous faces, including Ellie Kemper (who was as adorably humble as she was at the Oscars), Rachel Zoe, Molly Sims, Minka Kelly, Jessica Szohr, Rose McGowan, Isabelle Fuhrman (of Hunger Games fame) and, yes, Kim Kardashian.
Despite the flour-bombing debacle, Kim K was actually in pretty good spirits (likely because Dash finally landed a WeHo location), chatting it up with guests and posing for photogs. See our snaps from the event and be sure to stop by Valentino's fancy flagship (Mon through Sat 10am to 6pm; Sun 12 to 6pm).
· Valentino [Official Site]
· Reality Star Gets Flour-Bombed [Racked]
· Confirmed: Kardashians Moving Dash to Melrose Ave in WeHo [Racked]