Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Mischa Barton and Growze designer, Yukiko Kudo.
- Taylor Jacobson, in Growze.
- Growze designer Yukiko Kudo and store owner Masaki Kudo (yes, they're married).
- Taylor loved the collar detail on this Growze button-down.
- DJ Daisy O'Dell
- Killer Growze cuffs.
- Growze embossed leather jacket.
- We're loving this Growze gold choker. Very She-Ra.
- We've got our eyes on this fluttery skirt for spring.
- Growze partywear.
- Awesome printed denim.
- Just a taste of how packed it was inside.
- The end result of Taylor's Growze styling session.
Talk about a warm welcome. Last night, Japanese sportswear label Growze kicked off the debut of their first US store with a star-studded, blogger-attended bash on Larchmont—and the place was filled with fans the entire time. The festivities began with a styling session by Taylor Jacobson, who's been a longtime supporter of the brand: "I first fell in love with Growze in Japan and have been buying their stuff ever since," Jacobson tells us. "I'm so glad they're here now!"
Another notable Growze wearer is Mischa Barton, who we haven't seen much of lately. She emerged to host the last hour of the event, sporting a sheer polka dot button-down by the brand and looking better than ever. The 26-year-old greeted diehard The O.C. fans and posed for the assembly line of photogs that had been waiting with baited breath for her to arrive.
Amidst taking in the celebrity factor, we perused Growze's clothing and accessories, which are surprisingly affordable (shirts $30, colored denim $50, dresses $100) and offer a cool Japanese touch to of-the-moment streetwear. Take a look at our party snaps, and swing by Growze today.
· Growze [Official Site]
· Taylor Jacobson at Growze Launch; Ethical Shopping at Saks [Racked]
· LA Style Star Taylor Jacobson Talks Fashion and Phobias [Racked]