Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Upon entry, guests were greeted by models posing as the bride and groom.
- You wouldn't guess it, but this band was singing a song by The Shins.
- Dress by R-Mine Bespoke. (Poor girl was freezing cold.)
- A Tulerie by Garo Hzor wedding gown. Perfect for the Vegas bride.
- Bridezillas flocked to the Fiji honeymoon booth.
- People were really into this chocolate fountain.
- A cute wedding reception number by R-Mine Bridal.
- So many brides, so many intricate table setting options.
- The obvious winner for most elaborate centerpiece: Secrets Resorts and Spas.
- Staff couldn't replenish these mini cupcake trays fast enough.
- Behold a real buttermilk wedding cake by Hansen's Cakes.
- Bedazzled bikini bottoms, anyone?
This week, we headed over to SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills to check out the happenings at that bridal party we recently gave away tickets to: The Wedding Salon. While we've certainly been to our share of wedding events this year (A Soolip Wedding, The Cream), the Salon was unique in that it was set up like an actual high-end wedding reception, complete with a bride and groom to greet us upon entrance.
Just like the real thing, there was loud music, tons of food, flowing booze (four bars full, to be exact) and happy drunk people. There were also endless amounts of booths offering varied services and ideas for nuptial preparations, like spa treatments, multimedia entertainment, and, of course, honeymoon activities. There were also models walking around in traditional bridal gowns by R-Mine Bridal and bedazzled mullet gowns (really) by Tulerie.
Another observation: we've never seen so many dudes at a wedding prep event. Perhaps the brides-to-be lurred them in with the free drinks and cupcakes by Hansen's Cakes?
· Want in to Bev Hills Bridal Party The Wedding Salon? We Have Tix [Racked]
· A Soolip Wedding Was the Bridal Event to End All Bridal Events [Racked]
· Balloons! Tequila! Gowns! Inside The Cream's Big Wedding Party [Racked]