Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Mary Katrantzou. 'Nuff said.
- BFC Ones to Watch designer Michael van der Ham knocked it out of the park with this dreamy creation.
- Although Nicholas Kirkwood is known for his sky-high heels, his flats are just as covet-worthy. He tells us that these were inspired by Paris in the 1920s.
- Jonathan Saunders teamed up with Fleet Ilya on a sick collection of visors - yes, visors. We love this print.
- Peter Pilotto's futuristic twist on the classic puffer. Note the sleeves with laminated coating.
- In the event that you need a bubble wrap bra, Louise Gray is your girl. (It took a lot of discipline to not pop those bubbles.)
- We had to zoom in on the stellar Swarovski Elements sleeves on this Marios Schwab gown.
- We want to live in this raspberry-hued frock by Roksanda Ilincic.
- Don't be fooled by the simplicity of this E. Tautz sweater - it's actually a hand intarsia knit and costs $1,800.
- This Todd Lynn leather dress features built-in gloves.
- We loved the metallic leather trim on this Richard Nicoll number.
- OMG shoes, for real. These are by David Koma - and we want them. Bad.
- This badass crop top by Holly Fulton is the heaviest garment you'll ever wear.
- Flatform loafers by J.W. Anderson? Yes, please!
Last year, the British Fashion Council (BFC) brought their globally-acclaimed LONDON show ROOMS initiative to LA for the first time. The three-day program provided local buyers, stylists, and press with the opportunity to meet London's top designers, while viewing their covetable collections in an exclusive space at Ace Gallery. Needless to say, the event was a smashing success; our friends from across the pond loved visiting our fine city so much that they decided to return for a second round this week—and we're so glad they did.
After kicking off the festivities at BFC's fantastic fête earlier this week, we swung by Ace to greet this season's incredible talent roster: Jonathan Saunders, Mary Katrantzou, Nicholas Kirkwood, Peter Pilotto, Richard Nicoll, Roksanda Ilincic, Louise Gray, E.Tautz, Marios Schwab, Todd Lynn, David Koma, Holly Fulton, J.W. Anderson, and Michael van der Ham.
Inspiration overload was in full effect as we fawned over the plethora of fall 2012 clothing, footwear, and accessories presented. From Katranzou's incredible 3D masterpiece (pictured) to Kirkwood's adorable 1920s-inspired flats, click through the slideshow for 14 of our favorite pieces.
· British Fashion Council [Official Site]
· British Fashion Council Fêtes London's Finest in LA [Racked]
· The Best Shows and Parties to Hit During LA Fashion Week [Racked]