Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- An amazing geometric neckpiece from Bliss Lau's "Facet" collection.
- Bliss Lau's elegant armor.
- Bliss Lau's killer nail art.
- Bliss Lau, the designer.
- Incredible dinosaur bone cuffs from Noir Jewelry's Disney collection.
- We loved this mosaic Noir number.
- Neon Noir.
- Noir's double shaka bracelets remind us of the lanyard bracelets we used to make at summer camp.
- A peek at Noir's collaboration with Gwen Stefani and L.A.M.B.
- Joomi Lim's formal-meets-fierce necklaces.
- New Joomi Lim.
- Love these iridescent necklaces by Joomi Lim.
- Hardware-happy Joomi Lim rings.
- To-die-for Joomi Lim cuffs.
- Bare's minimalist cool jewelry.
- More Bare.
- Jesse Southern and Jeet Sohal of Bare.
- Dainty accessories by Gabriela Artigas.
- We loved that Gabriela Artigas gold safety pin necklace.
- This Gabriela Artigas necklace features a gold tassel from the 1900's!
- Delicate Gabriela Artigas bracelets and necklaces with raw black diamonds.
- Obsessed with that Artigas raw cobalt quartz piece.
- OMG shoes. Must-have platforms by Penelope and Coco.
- More Penelope and Coco. Hey, what's that framed at the end?
- Why, it's Racked LA's feature on Penelope and Coco!
Yesterday we stopped by COEUR Show at the Penthouse in DTLA's Cooper Design Space—and it provided some major eye candy. Held twice a year, COEUR (which is pronounced "curr" and is French for "heart") is a women's accessory and gift tradeshow that shines a light on jewelry, footwear, and handbag offerings from LA designers and beyond. While the show featured tons of talent, we've zeroed-in on six stellar booths that were a cut above the rest.
First up was Bliss Lau and her awe-inspiring armor. The NY-based jewelry line's aesthetic is unlike any other, as it's designed three-dimensionally using traditional garment draping techniques. We were particularly obsessed with the geometric neckpiece from their "Facet" collection, above. Next, we hit up Noir Jewelry, which is designed by Leeora Catalan and favored by the likes of Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Beyonce, and Gwen Stefani. In fact, Stefani loves the brand so much that she recently teamed up with them on a capsule collection for L.A.M.B.—her first jewelry collab, ever. Standout Noir pieces include the neon shaka bracelets and out-of-this-world dinosaur bone cuffs.
Joomi Lim was another favorite, designed by a husband and wife duo. Opening Ceremony is a major supporter of the line, and for good reason. We loved the luxury jewelry's edge and their iridescent etched cuffs were beyond cool. LA's Bare Jewelry also provided superior inspiration by way of statement necklaces, stackable rings, and sculptural cuffs in rose gold, brass, and silver.
LA-based jewelry line (and Racked regular) Gabriela Artigas offered up some insane new pieces, ranging from futuristic to retro-inspired. We couldn't get enough of the dainty bracelets with raw black diamonds and raw cobalt quartz pieces. Last but certainly not least, we visited one of our favorite local footwear brands, Penelope and Coco, where we encountered an unexpected treat. As we perused their killer fall platforms and boots, imagine our surprise when we spotted this Racked LA article framed and on display! The day couldn't have ended any better.
· COEUR [Official Site]