Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- The adorable Kiernan Shipka who plays the adorable Sally Draper on Mad Men.
- We love the vintage appeal of this model's 'do combined with the BR Mad Men shell sleeve shirt and bauble bib.
- The event was held at a stunning private residence, complete with live mannequins sporting the collection.
- The pink Betty dress features silk taffeta with a fitted bodice and full skirt.
- This guy was too cool for school.
- We loved his shoes.
- The BR Mad Men framed polo shirt.
- We just might steal this cozy shawl-collar cardigan from the dudes.
- The Joan sheath dress is as retro as it gets.
- This Joan floral sheath dress is super spring-ready.
- Man about town, Cameron Silver of vintage boutique Decades.
- The party also featured live caricature artists that drew guests' heads on top of Mad Men looks. Cute.
- Last but not least, it wouldn't be a Mad Men party without a selection of fine whiskey.
Last night we attended an intimate preview of the Banana Republic Mad Men spring capsule collection, which launched in-store today. The event, which was held at a stunning private residence in LA, was hosted by Mad Men costume designer Janie Bryant and Banana Republic creative director Simon Kneen and featured live models wearing the looks, caricature artists, whiskey and tons of famous faces.
While there were sadly no Jon Hamm (aka Don Draper) sightings, we did get star-struck by Kiernan Shipka, who plays Don's daughter Sally Draper on the show. We also ran into Vincent Kartheiser and Alison Brie (Mad Men's Pete and Trudy Campbell), Hart of Dixie star Jaime King, Shameless actress Amy Smart, model Angela Lindvall, Decades boutique's Cameron Silver (we're seeing him everywhere these days), blogger Rumi Neely and more.
On the limited-edition collection, which was heavy on the retro-tastic men's and women's offerings, we chatted with Bryant who noted that the range was inspired by the "country club scenes" of the series and that she loves collaborating with Kneen because they're both "fanatical about the '60s and men's tailoring." Flip through our party snaps, shop the collection here and tune into Mad Men's two-hour season premiere on March 25.
· Mad Men [Official Site]
· Banana Republic [Official Site]