MOCA The Total Look Exhibit
- Mila Kunis with MOCA director, Jeffrey Deitch.
- Cameron Silver never ceases to impress us with his swagger. Here he is sporting a sweet Chanel blazer.
- Peggy Moffitt in all her blunt bang glory.
- Animal suits: just one example of Rudi Gernreich's envelope-pushing aesthetic.
- A still from Claxton's "Basic Black" (1967). It's considered the first fashion film and demonstrates Gernreich's "Total Look" design concept that fuses together all pieces of clothing in an outfit.
- Another film still. We're surprised Gaga hasn't copy this look yet.
- Super '60s.
- Portraits of Moffitt by the model's late husband, photographer William Claxton.
- This bondage bikini is so Herve Leger.
- We couldn't help but zero-in on this partygoer's killer skull bucket bag. It's by Spanish designer Ines Figaredo and goes for a cool $3,360.
- Gernreich pioneered the retro futuristic look.
- The late Rudi Gernreich with the Snow Queen (Peggy Moffitt), 1968.