Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Girl crush alert: Hanneli Mustaparta wearing a Marni at H&M jacket ($99) with skirt ($59.96), and Lou Doillon wearing a Marni at H&M silk blouse ($99) with shorts ($49.95) and belt ($9.95).
- A cyclopean mass of glowing rock greets us inside.
- The striking zigzag concrete pyramid in the courtyard adds to the Sowden House's Mayan temple effect.
- Themed libations.
- The always stunning Frida Pinto, wearing a Marni at H&M sequined collar ($19.95).
- Yours truly with our girl, Jaime King.
- We love how excited Shirley Manson (of rad '90s band Garbage) was to watch Bryan Perry perform live. She knew every word!
- The crowd went wild when Bryan Ferry sang the Roxy Music classic, "More Than This."
Although you've likely already seen some images from the celeb-studded Marni at H&M bash held at LLoyd Wright's legendary Sowden House last Friday, we wanted to share some of our personal snaps from the event. Hosted by Marni's Consuelo Castiglioni, H&M's Margareta van den Bosch, and filmmaker Sofia Coppola, stars from all walks of life came out of the woodwork for the 200-person fête.
We spotted everyone, from veteran It girls (Winona Ryder and Drew Barrymore) to new It girls (Lily Collins and Felicity Jones) to international It girls (Hanneli Mustaparta and Lou Doillon) to musicians (Shirley Manson and Lykke Li) to models (Elisa Sednaoui and Annabelle Dexter-Jones) to models turned actors (Milla Jovovich and Jaime King). There was even an unexpected cameo from none other than Mel Gibson.