Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- The Look Boutique features high-end beauty products
- OPI and Essie polishes-a-plenty
- Fragrance testing station
- The Demeter Fragrance Library, complete with unique scents like Jelly Belly, Jolly Rancher and Play-Doh
- The juice and smoothie bar!
- The froyo station!
- The sushi bar, where a colorful array of sushi dishes are made fresh daily
- One of the wine and spirit shop's many perks: a virtual bartender that generates cocktail recipes and more
- Another: a wine and cigar humidor
- A stand dedicated to Taylor Swift merch
- Tourist-friendly apparel and accessories
Walgreens' highly-anticipated first West Coast flagship has finally arrived and, as promised, it's chock-full of fancy-pants features. Located at the corner of Sunset & Vine in Hollywood, the drugstore chain's 8,000th store officially opened its doors to the public at 10am on Saturday after a Fergie-attended ribbon-cutting ceremony the night before.
We swung by the massive 23,509-square-foot concept space this past weekend and can wholeheartedly report that this Walgreens is unlike any other Walgreens we've ever experienced. A true one-stop-shop, the store stocks all the daily essentials you'd find in a standard Walgreens but turns it up a notch (or five) with a variety of new bells and whistles.
Noteworthy highlights include a frozen yogurt station, a fresh sushi bar, a coffee and espresso bar, a juice and smoothie bar (!), a Coca-Cola Freestyle machine that dispenses over 130 varieties of fountain drinks and yes, a wine and spirits shop with a snazzy cigar humidor, 700 fine wines and a virtual bartender kiosk. There's more.
One of our favorite additions is the Look Boutique beauty department that hosts tons of high-end cosmetic, skincare and haircare brands, such as Cargo, Roger & Gallet, Nuxe Paris, Vichy and the UK's top skincare line Boots No7. There's also a Demeter fragrance library with a collection of unique scents that range from mojito and mahogany to Jolly Rancher and Jelly Belly. Although we didn't see a nail salon, there were a handful enthusiastic beauty advisors in the house as well as a full-on Eyebrow Bar offering expert shaping and grooming services.
Check out the space in our gallery and drop by literally any time because it's open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. One-hour free parking with validation is available inside the Sunset & Vine building.
· Crazy-Fancy Walgreens on Sunset and Vine Gets the Go-Ahead [Racked]
· Hollywood's Crazy-Fancy Walgreens: 6 Elements to Anticipate [Racked]