Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Now that you've officially survived the Apocalypse, it's time to move on and start planning the rest of your life. First up: New Year's Eve. Where will you go? What will you wear? Who will you kiss at midnight? Since there's only 72 hours or so left to lock down a promising game plan, we've rounded up 13 stellar parties by neighborhood that call to a variety of budgets and audio appetites.
· Harvard & Stone (5221 Hollywood Blvd; 8pm—2am): For its second annual NYE rager, H&S has teamed up with LA-based clothier/party house Kill City. The night will feature music by Wasteland and Minkpink's fave surf band Sandy Pussy (real name), an open bar, bottomless bubbly and a midnight toast led by Jesse Hughes of Eagles Of Death Metal. Purchase $100 tickets here.
· Sayers Club (1645 Wilcox Ave; 9pm—2am): Robert Pattinson's favorite VIP party spot will host a starry night with live music from Capital Cities and a DJ set by Rare Matthew. Purchase $125 VIP tickets here.
· Couture (1640 N Cahuenga Blvd; 8pm—4am): Hollywood's premier fashion-inspired nightclub will host Maxim magazine's "sexiest NYE party." Expect three bars, a huge outdoor tented ballroom, fresh gourmet food all night and music by six DJs, including Grant Shapiro. Purchase packages and $75 tickets here.
· Roosevelt Hotel (7000 Hollywood Blvd; 8pm—2am): Amsterdam-born songstress Eva Simons and a handful of DJs are taking over this historic hotel for a night of tunes, balloon drops and an LED video countdown. The massive bash will span across the Roosevelt's 100+ rooms, Tropicana pool, grand ballroom and legendary lobby. Purchase $120 tickets here.
· Vanguard (6021 Hollywood Blvd; 9pm—4am): Taking advantage of this 20,000-square-foot venue's killer sound system, international music masters Thomas Gold, EDX and Vice promise to help partygoers dance into the new year. Purchase $120 tickets here.
· Club Robertson (655 N Robertson Blvd; 9pm—5am): Brought to you by the magic-makers behind Rasputin, Mr. Black, Simon Says and SummerTramp, this gold-themed party in WeHo will feature three dance floors with music by Josh Pesce, Nelstar, Phyliss Navidad and BJ Panda Bear. Purchase golden packages and $20 tickets here.
· The Standard, Hollywood (8300 W Sunset Blvd; 8pm—2am): Kim Anh and Saratonin present The Standard's Fantastic Disco with a live show by SSION, plus a photo booth, roaming photography, swag bags and a free champagne toast at midnight. Purchase $30 presale tickets here.
· The Standard, Hollywood (8300 W Sunset Blvd; 9pm—3am): Also at the Standard will be an exclusive bash hosted by the ever-stylish trio Wade Crescent, Myles Hendrik and Dan Regan. Their black tie event will be located in the discreet space formerly known as Smoke & Mirrors. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for table reservations.
· Bootsy Bellows (9229 W Sunset Blvd; 10pm—2am): Actor David Arquette invites stylish partygoers to his burlesque-inspired nightclub for an open bar fete with music by LA-based mixmaster DJ Politik. Purchase $100 tickets here.
· Greystone Manor (643 N La Cienega Blvd; 9pm—2am): LA's best open format DJ Devin Lucien will keep the dance floor for Greystone's Old Hollywood-inspired black tie affair. Purchase $225 VIP tickets here.
· Expansion (TBA; 9pm—3am): LA Canvas and The Service Company present a dance-infused bash with experimental beats by Tokimonsta and Daedelus. A champagne toast will be included along with refreshments from Jarritos. Although they're being super-secretive about the TBA location, we do know that it's in the mid-city area. Purchase $30 tickets here.
· Exchange L.A. (618 S Spring St; 9pm—4am): Get your techno on at this ravey shindig with music by Sasha (of Sasha & Digweed), Adam Beyer, Art Department and Damian Lazarus. Purchase $55 tickets here.
· Alexandria Hotel (501 S Spring St; 8pm—2am): LA punk rock kings Redd Kross join forces with the legendary Melvins to host a badass ballroom blitz in the heart of Downtown. Black dress attire preferred. Purchase $60 tickets here.