Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- "Our Art Basel trip began after a long red-eye flight, followed by checking-in to the ultra hip Deauville Hotel. We dressed in a couple looks from our CRYBABY Presents Spring/Summer 20
- "The fair consisted of over 250 galleries from all over the world. We were lucky enough to stumble upon some of our favorite pieces by LA-based artists Alex Israel and Amanda Ross Ho. Here we are gazing into the gigantic, dawn-colored sky by
- "Before we hit the third-hour mark of meandering from booth to booth, we spotted the renowned fashionistas and performance artists, Eva & Adele. Continuing with the theme of fashion, we took note of Gideon Rubin’s paintings of pop-culture icons suc
- "After making the rounds at Art Basel we went to the It Ain't Fair exhibition opening hosted by one of our favorite LA-based Galleries, OHWOW<
- "Our next stop was a dinner soirée at revered Rubell Collection that honored artist Bener Venet. We were mesmerized by two installations of LA-based artists Ryan Trecartin and Jason Rhoades. Ryan, a fellow RISD grad, had multiple displays sh
- "Art Basel wouldn’t be the same without attending parties hosted by the coolest of cool cats. We dashed to the Dossier bash at the Shore Club. The night was one to remember; we danced until the wee hours with RISD friends and Nasty Gal founder Sophia A
- "After a good night's sleep, we recharged and were ready to face Day Two in Miami. The day began with a visit to another art fair, the NADA Art Fair. This ended up being our favorite fair because it was split into three different sections consisting of yo
- "We’ve been following NY-based artist Lizzy Bugatos, who is also a member of the band Gang Gang Dance, and were very excited to see her new work shown. One of the pieces we snapped consisted of two vandalized images of Audrey Hepburn. Fans of the H
- "We started the night by heading to The Still House collective exhibition, Banana Hammock, to support our favorite NY-based artist collective. The Still House is compiled of eight NY artists, and a handful of them were born in our hometown, LA. Lisa is in
- "Our next stop was the TERRYWOOD party hosted by OHWOW Gallery in honor of Terry Richardson’s book. It was a true Miami experience and the party wouldn’t have been the same without a surprise live performance by Azealia Banks, who took the s
- "While we were at the TERRYWOOD party we snuck in some street-style shots. We snapped model/DJ/painter Chloe Norgaard who told us that candy inspired her look. We also found two Los Angeles fashion mavens: Niki Takesh, whose look was inspired by di
- "Our last and final night in Miami was the perfect send-off. We attended an intimate dinner party, where each plate displayed fresh-flower crowns handmade by our girl, Jasmin Larian of
- "We couldn’t leave Miami without doing one last thing. After dinner we caught a scooter ride around town with our friend Monroe, who is The Still House collective's studio manager. This was a first for us and definitely an adrenaline kick! We went straigh
Although we rarely venture out of our lovely neck of the woods, some events are totally worth the trek. One of those haps is Art Basel Miami, which went down last week and inspired a number of our city's top talents to head east for some art-filled and music-fueled fun. Taking a quick break from their COUP! holiday pop-up, LA designers Lisa Ziven and Dakota Solt of Crybaby Presents hit the scene for us, and they've got the pictures to prove it.
From checking out work by LA artists like Alex Israel (who could forget his awesomely random Q&A with Rachel Zoe?) to partying with Azealia Banks, Terry Richardson and Nasty Gal founder Sophia Amoruso, check out the gallery for 13 of Ziven and Solt's favorite moments.
· Crybaby Presents [Twitter]
· Crybaby Presents [Official Site]
· Cult Gaia, Crybaby & Tappan Collective Launch a Holiday Shop [Racked]