Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
3.1 Phillip Lim's first-ever LA sample sale has finally arrived. The sale starts at noon on the 11th floor at the DTLA's Cooper Building, but we got a sneak peek of the goods early this morning. Sadly, there were no photos allowed, but here's what we can tell you:
2. There are Cody shoes! Yes, silver and powder blue strapped half d'orsays are going for $100 a pop, so beeline to footwear as soon as you get there.
3. There is tons of knitwear. Just in time for a kind-of-chilly fall in LA, the sale offers a plethora of sweaters and cardigans from $150 to $200. For those with extra cash to blow, we also spotted shearling coats for a cool $800 and bejeweled fur coats for $600.
4. The lowest priced items are tees, swimwear and intimates. Solid T-shirts (long sleeve, short sleeve and tanks) are $50, bras and panties are $30, and swimwear rangs from $25 to $50.
5. There are statement dresses. Evening gowns are $300, cocktail dresses are $250, cashmere sweater dresses are $200 and wool dresses are $150.
6. There is menswear. For the boys, bottoms are $50 to $75, outerwear (including trench coats and denim jackets) are $150 to $400, woven tops are $100, sweaters are $150 to $200 and T-shirts are $50.
Per usual, start queuing before 12pm to ensure that you nab the creme de la creme. Be prepared to hand over your bag at check-in, or just bring your wallet and phone to avoid it altogether. Good luck and let us know what you score!
· OMFG: Phillip Lim's First-Ever LA Sample Sale Is Next Week [Racked]