Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Ellen Pompeo with Rachel Zoe rocking a necklace from her debut jewelry line
- The day's souvenirs: India-inspired bangles
- The VIP tent's enchanting décor
- The India-inspired staff uniforms
- From left: Ali Larter, Rebecca Romijn, Ellen Pompeo, Rachel Zoe, Selma Blair
- Rose McGowan
- Alessandra Ambrosio and Rachel Zoe talking parenthood [Photo via Becky Katz]
- Nacho Figueras and his wife Delfina Blaquier
- Selma Blair attempting to feed her son Arthur, who was distracted by the polo game
- Gigantic Veuve Clicquot bottles lined the (many) open bars
- Leyendecker designers Jessica Moss and Lisa Guajardo
- An intricate floral fixture in Veuve Clicquot's signature yellow hue
- Team Black Watch beat team Nespresso 10-9 and Nacho Figueras was awarded MVP by Rachel Zoe
Celebs, champagne snobs and polo buffs alike gathered at Will Rogers State Historic Park this past Saturday to experience LA's third-annual Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic, which was a great excuse to dress well and drink well in a picturesque setting. The India-themed event featured enchanting décor inspired by one of the first countries where polo thrived, and was attended by an interesting array of familiar faces.
In addition to Veuve Clicquot US prez Vanessa Kay, the day's co-host roster included renowned Argentinian polo player Nacho Figueras and his wife Delfina Blaquier (who tells us that they're obsessed with LA and want to buy a home in Malibu), as well as superstylist/designer Rachel Zoe and her husband Rodger Berman with baby Skyler in tow.
Speaking of tots, there were tons. Actress Selma Blair brought her son Arthur, Alessandra Ambrosio brought her little boy Noah, and Rebecca Romijn and Jerry O'Connell graced the fête with their ridiculously adorable twin baby girls, Dolly and Charlie. After squealing over pint-sized fashion (celeb kids have better closets than we do—seriously), we spotted a handful of baby-free stars, including actresses Ali Larter (who threw out the ceremonial first toss), Ellen Pompeo, Rose McGowan and Ashley Greene, singers Mandy Moore and Colbie Caillat, and Hills alum Lauren Conrad.
· Veuve Clicquot [Official Site]
· Veuve Polo Classic Brings Out the Best Dressed in LA [Racked]