Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- So gilded, so ADR
- The not-so-crazy line
- This guy nabbed tons of pieces inside
- Head's up: the return policy
- Overwhelmed H&M staffers taking orders
- The item request station featured display cases of the goods
- So much gold, so many reptiles
- Baby onboard!
- This turquoise clutch sold out almost instantly
- This gold clutch is nearly gone
- Another coveted item: a mini luggage bag
- The check-out line was also pretty tame
This morning at 10am, Anna Dello Russo's accessories collection for H&M was unleashed at the retailer's WeHo and Beverly Center locations. Compared to the chaotic debuts of H&M's other collaborations, such as the most recent Marnisanity, this was a cakewalk.
Since there wasn't a wristband system or early opening for this collab, we turned up at H&M's Sunset Plaza outpost around 9:30am and entered a surprisingly tame line of about 50 people. While waiting, we heard rumblings that hardcore ADR fans lined up overnight at the Beverly Center location, even though there were less than 100 people in line by opening time.
At 10am on the dot, shoppers were let in and instructed to beeline to the gold-and-blue hued ADR x H&M corner of the store, where "orders" would be taken in a conveyor-like format. We had 10 minutes to "shop" the display cases and request items (only two pieces per style) from the staffers. By the time we left, only the reptile sunnies and turquoise clutch were sold out, and the staff tells us that they have nearly 800 pieces in-store, so there's still time to score.
· Anna Dello Russo x H&M: Only at WeHo and Bev Center Stores [Racked]
· Anna Dello Russo Reveals Collection for H&M and It's Everything You Need to Overdose on Gilded Accessories [Racked Nat'l]