Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Topshop's by-appointment-only shopping experience is officially open for business—and we have all the details. After seeing this Tweet from the globally celebrated retailer, we promptly made our way to their mint green digs at Melrose and Edinburgh to do some investigative research. Here's what we learned:
1. The space's official name is the "Topshop LA Showroom" and is open 10am through 6pm daily. It will likely remain open until Topshop's main store launches at The Grove in spring 2013. (Yes, the Grove opening date has sadly been pushed back.)
2. Visits are strictly by-appointment-only, so walk-ins are not accepted. Contact Soulmaz at 323-775-3974 to reserve your spot.
3. Once you enter the space, you're immediately transported to Topshop heaven. It feels like a true VIP shopping experience, complete with a high-end décor, tons of well-edited racks featuring the brand's key pieces, dedicated stylists (for both men and women), a beauty bar with Topshop lipsticks and nail polishes, spacious dressing rooms and lots of sugary treats.
4. All items are sold at retail value (visit Topshop's e-shop to get a feel) and racks are frequently replenished with new pieces. Everything stays on the floor until it's sold.
5. The showroom offers client product requests, so if you don't see what you want on the floor or need it in a different size, you can use their dedicated iPad to browse the Topshop e-shop and request what you want. It will then be shipped to the showroom for you to pick up. Want in? Book an appointment today.
· Topshop Watch [Racked]
· BRACE: There's a Topshop Pop-Up Opening on Melrose Ave [Racked]