Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
All dressed up and nowhere to go? Here's a handy guide to ten of the top spookified gatherings going on around town, starting tonight through the big day. From a Stanley Kubrick-themed ball at LACMA to the annual Dia De Los Muertos Festival at Hollywood Forever Cemetery to an Opening Ceremony rager on La Brea, we've got you covered.
Friday, October 26:
· Los Angeles Fashion Council presents "Fashion's Fright Out" at Whiskey Blue, W Los Angeles (930 Hilgard Ave). 9pm—2am. $20 tickets (and one free drink) for Racked readers who enter promo code BOO at checkout.
Saturday, October 27:
· Dia de los Muertos Festival at Hollywood Forever Cemetary (6000 Santa Monica Blvd). This year's event will reach back to the pre-Aztec roots of Dia de los Muertos and explore the Mayan Gods, rituals and calendar. 12—11:59pm. $10 online and at the door.
· Rasputin presents "Russian Love Machine" at Robertson (665 N Robertson Blvd) with tunes by Daisy O'Dell and Nelstar. 9pm—4am. Free and open to all.
Monday, October 29:
· Black Banditz and Smoke & Mirrors host a Halloween masquerade to launch "Midnight Vultures Social Club" at Vignette (8623 Melrose Ave). Expect rock 'n' roll DJs, live band karaoke, stripteasing and flamin' cocktails. 10pm—2am.
Tuesday, October 30:
· Spirithoods host a "Wild Things" fashion installation at Blok (1650 Schrader Blvd). Sounds by Devin Lucien and animal costumes encouraged. Free and open to all.
Wednesday, October 31:
· Los Angeles County Museum of Art hosts its ninth annual Muse Costume Ball at LACMA (5905 Wilshire Blvd). Partygoers will be treated to an exclusive preview of the new Stanley Kubrick exhibition that offers viewers an inside look at the legendary filmmaker's world. 8pm—2am. $75 Muse members; $100 general admission. Purchase online or call 323-857-6010.
· Opening Ceremony is hosting a Fade to Mind Halloween party at Leonardo's (831 S La Brea Ave). Music by MikeQ,
Brian DeGraw (Gang Gang Dance), Total Freedom, Prince William and more. 9pm—2am. $10 at the door.