Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- HRH Princess of Saxony Marie-Luise Von Sachsen, Dita Von Teese, Liz Goldwyn and Cameron Silver
- The Bon Bon Maxi Dress, $995
- Dita's dresses come in sizes 4 to 16
- Footwear designer (and retro style enthusiast) Charlotte Olympia
- Decades co-owner Cameron Silver
- Dita Von Teese with Liz Goldwyn
- Pieces from Dita's personal archive
- Dita's perfume
- Pieces from Dita's personal archive. Marc Jacobs gifted that Louis Vuitton hat box to Dita after her performance at LV Paris
- Dita's incredible Salvador Dali compact
- OMG shoes!
Both fashion royalty and real royalty graced Melrose vintage haven Decades last night to fête the launch of Dita Von Teese's limited-edition capsule. The five-piece collection features four dresses and one trench coat inspired by the burlesque queen's enthusiasm for all things retro.
To ensure that Ms. Von Teese felt right at home, Decades co-owners Cameron Silver and Christos Garkinos transformed their boutique into a wonderland filled with items from the dancer's personal archive. Installations featured everything from a Marc Jacobs-gifted Louis Vuitton hat case to diamond bespoke shoes by Christian Louboutin, which both HRH Princess of Saxony Marie-Luise Von Sachsen and British footwear designer Charlotte Olympia fawned over.
As for the capsule, which is available at Decades in-store and online now, each piece ranges from $595 to $995 and is offered in sizes 4 through 16. Von Teese explained that it was important to include a range of sizes because, in her findings, vintage dresses are usually limited to petite frames.
Speaking of vintage, the LA resident also revealed to us that she's looking forward to doing some damage at the Santa Monica Vintage Expo this weekend, so stop by to see her in action.
· Dita Von Teese Collection [Decades]
· Cameron Silver on His New Show, His Favorite Suit & LA Fashion [Racked]