Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Julie Sarinana of Sincerely Jules is wearing an Alexa Chung for Madewell dress, an Asos leather jacket, 3.1 Phillip Lim bag, and Zara flats.
- Christine Lai of Christeric is wearing a vintage mesh shirt, UNIF Morrison zip pant, an Opening Ceremony chainmail vest, Grey Ant mirror sunglasses, and UNIF Hellbound platfor
- Emily Schuman of Cupcakes and Cashmere is wearing a Forever 21 hat, a Topshop dress, vintage belt and bracelets, a Coach clutch, and Steve Madden booties.
- Jayne Min of Stop It Right Now is wearing a Zara linen tee, an H&M angora sweater, RVCA jeans, Burberry Prorsum wedges, and Ann-Sofie Back sunglasses.
- Natalie Suarez of Natalie Off Duty is wearing a Hallelu blouse, Raven Denim jeans, and Dear Fieldbinder boots.
- Karla Deras of Karla's Closet is wearing a vintage dress, Balenciaga sandals, vintage rings, and a YSL clutch.
We're currently experiencing a major heat wave in LA, which means that transition wear is in full effect. As fashion fans in other cities begrudgingly reach for their heaviest wool coats to brave real winter weather, we're scratching our heads to figure out how to incorporate the cozy fall gear we scored at all those holiday sample sales—especially since we're contemplating hitting the beach right about now.
While not having to lug around bulky jackets or wear tights with dresses is fantastic, there are still West Coast layering woes to be solved, which is why we've scanned our favorite local fashion blogs to see how the pros are dressing for warm days with occasional cool-downs. Flip through the gallery for some choice looks.
· Kain Solves Your West Coast Layering Woes [Racked]