Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Dear readers: please do not come between us and this bag. Balenciaga on the damaged table, $299, less 25%.
- Givenchy sack on the damaged table, $500 less 25%.
- Another Givency sack
- The suede PS1 is $600 and the black leather one is $800
- Remember this Awang bag? $249 less 25%
- Another Awang bag, $279 less 25% off
- ZOMG shoes!
- Rodarte X Opening Ceremony. The black and whites are marked $439 (but we saw some for $269), the purples are $269
- Miu miu! Oxfords $299, oxford pump $349
- Nicholas Kirkwood Rodartes, $1149
- More Rodarte, $1119
- Robert Clergerie for Opening Ceremony, $269
- Loubs for $375
- On the as-is pile, $339 less 25%
- Sky high Loubs on the as-is pile: $595 less 25%
We're just back from having our mind blown at a special peek at the Barneys New York warehouse sale. (No, don't hate -- we just got to look with our eyes, not with the wallet.) Let us wipe the drool from our chin and calm the shaking fingers: there is a lot of good shit. Starting with the biggest collection of sale bags we've seen in many a sale. Most of these bags are slightly/minimally damaged, which merits and additional 25% discount. Which means someone (hopefully, us!!!) is going to take home a Balenciaga bag in black perforated leather for about $239. We counted at least five Alexander Wang bucket bags -- ranging in price from $239 (less 25%, you know how we feel about math) to $349. At least four Proenza Schouler bags, including black leather (but still pricey). Givenchy, Marc Jacobs, Celine, Prada?got your attention yet?
There were also some amazing finds in shoes. Plenty of Rodarte (both Nicholas Kirkwood and the Opening Ceremony collab). And all the usual suspects: Rag & Bone, Prada, Loeffler Randall, Barneys Co-Op, and plenty of Loubs. There is a huge stock of "as is"/slightly damaged shoes -- some of them had been worn once then returns, others were missing little doo-dads, and many more we just couldn't tell what the hell was wrong. And at 25% off the sale price, there's a lot we can overlook.
Click through the gallery for full deets. And we'll have another post dedicated to clothing later this afternoon. Don't forget, the sale starts tomorrow at 9am.
· All Barneys New York Warehouse Sale coverage [Racked LA]