Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Zimmermann illusion banded swimsuit, $270 at
- Kicky cutouts but good butt coverage and a tank back make this Athleta suit a natural. $89 at Athleta
- This sweet Billabong suit is good for those with modest busts and modest budgets. $60 at Swell
- Retro Norma Kamali suits are playful and let you play without flashing the world. $198 at Norma Kamali
- This Rag & Bone onepiece is modest but alluring at the same time. On sale for $259 at
- Yes, as a matter of fact, it is a Speedo. Cute style, unimpeachable performance and coverage you can count on. $76 at Speedo
- This We Are Handsome suit has a pony on it! $290 at Net-A-Porter
- These Mink Pink swimsuits have a retro, pinup girl appeal, but a high cut neck and a low cut butt make sure you're never indecent. Plain for $109, the fringed number is $105, both at
- It's demure and basic, but still striking at the same time. $168 at Lenny Niemeyer
Summer is here, fo' reals, and that means it's time for swimsuits and the pool?which might mean actual swimming. The trouble with most of the supercute swimsuit options out there is?they're not actually designed with swimming in mind. Hell, some of them you can't even get wet. But as an athletic bunch of gals ourselves, it made sense to round up a collection of cute suits that have an added emphasis on function. Or at least are designed in a way to prevent any errant ladybits from flapping around, should you desire to swim a lap in a pool.
· All Racked LA trend coverage [Racked LA]
· This Herve Leger Swimsuit Can Be Worn Near Water, Not In Water [Racked]