Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- For the Ace in Palm Springs at the wedding of your ex's sister who always looked up to you and you can't let her down sartorially this weekend: and also you feel badly wearing such a hot swimsuit underneath it considering who your ex ended up with anyway.
- To meet a very famous and very incognito actor who may or may not have just been dating a somewhat recently divorced superstar but is most definitely 'dating' you at a dive in Venice, by
- easy breezy silverlake hottubbing at whazhername's house that her stepdad bought her-perfect midcentury furniture included- in the hills that has a view of pretty much only the dogpark: Caftans from
- Griffith Park pool hopping with your super cute eco neighbor after a nice day at the farmers market buying tons of fresh produce (even though you only eat rice cakes with peanut butter at home and hamburgers when you go out):
For the Malibu BBQ where even though you are lovely and elegant you probably are going to get ketchup on yourself because the food is caterer by someone amazing and you are hoping no one notices you are just standing there next to the hors d'oeuvres
- For the Santa Monica beach picnic with the crew that kinda bores you but always has cute friends of friends: $48 at www.jcrew.com
As important as the bikini or the one piece is the coverup...not so much for the swimming aspect or even the up-covering aspect, but more for the always important walk from the beach house to the beach, from the pool to the pool bar, from the pool party to the afterparty, from an afternoon beachside BBQ in Malibu to a drink poolside in Palm Springs. Fear not, we've got you covered (up).
· All Racked LA trend coverage [Racked LA]