Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Vena Cava flatforms, $388 at
- These Ann Demeulemeester boots are pretty iconic, and you'll love them for long beyond summer. $965, Saks Fifth Avenue
- The original Dr. Scholl's are available in a full-on rainbow of colors. And at prices that let you stock up on your favorites. Starting at $49.99 at Dr. Scholl'
- Rag & Bone's hot mesh and leather. On sale, at this very minute, for $294 at
- Funky, slightly ethnic/tribal clog from Frye, $228
- Sweet summer sandals from Loeffler Randall, $395 at
- Cork is not technically would, but we wouldn't kick these Rosegold sandals out of bed on a minor technicality. $158 at Bloomi
- Phillip Lim's Constantines, $625 at Shopbop
- Sparkly! Shoe-bootie by Alice + Olivia, $345
- These look casually bohemian, but they don't make you look like you'd reek of ganga and patchouli. $158 at Shopbop
- Colorful cork bottom wedges from 80%20
- Acne booties, $504, Creatures of Comfort
- Sweet Swedish Hasbeens perforated clogs, on sale for $180 at
- LD Tuttle heels, $405, at Shopbop
- Sweet Chloe Oxfo-drille, $275 at YOOX
- Chunky, funky, and fantastically laborious: each pair takes more than 25 hours to make. It's reflected in the $1,512 price tag. Available at Mona Moore
- Swedish Hasbeens in lipstick pink, $240 at Net-a-Porter
- Belle by Sigerson Morrison, available at Sigerson Morrison on West 3rd Street
- Cork wedges from Christian Louboutin
- We love that these Miista wedges show just a little bit of wood (hee hee). $168 at Free People
- A sleek and sexy spin on the traditional 70s clog. Jean-Michel Cazabat, $295 at Barneys
- We are kind of all over this snake/wood flatform by Alain. $144 at Pixie Market
- Only Marni could make shoes that are futuristic, retro, military-inspired and bohemian at the same time. On sale for $333 at
- Wood done right by the nature girl herself, Stella McCartney. $223 at Net-a-Porter
70s inspired trends come and go, but one of the pieces we've always loved is the wood-bottom shoe. Which feels totally right for summertime, especially the versions with light blond wood. And clogs and clog-style shoes have become a year-round staple. Some of these definitely evoke Farrah Fawcett-feathered hair and the Bee Gees, but the wood-soled shoe is versatile enough to go from the beach to the club?even to the orthopedic surgeon, in the case of the classics that are supposedly endorsed by doctors, Dr. Scholl's.
Pair these leg-lengtheners with shorts, dresses, rompers?we're not big fans of combining these with the so-hot-right-now bells, since it's just a little too retro. And the whole point of these shoes is contrast, so find something with a nice high hem and slide a pair on.
· All Racked LA trend coverage [Racked LA]