Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Blue suede shoes from Ballin
- Super cute bike bags by Balla Billa. These bags are so fun it will make you want to ride a bike, even if you don't. See the full collection, including some amazing pink leather bags with hand-painted dainty cherry blossoms at
- The Mario Valentino line has been called the equivalent of the Italian Steve Madden.
- Staggeringly high platforms from Grey Mer
- Manas, a more middle of the road, but still super cute brand.
- Glamorous gladiators by Salvatore Procopio
- Shoes by Grey Mer and Bag by Tavecchi
- Ostrich sandals from Mauri
You know when you see a runway show, you drool over the clothes and then you start getting bummed that you can't immediately get your hands on the goods? We're going to do a little of that, right now. We got a sneak peak of some Italian shoe brands that are getting ready to launch or expand distribution in the US, at Casa Italia, an event that was done in conjunction with a week-long celebration of Italian cinema and culture held last week in Beverly Hills.
The shoes run the gamut from sweet and demure flats to Gaga-esque towering platforms of mesh and snakeskin. We got introduced to Mario Valentino, the "Italian equivalent to Steve Madden", as well as a few other labels: Ballin, Salvatore Procopio, Manas, Mauri and Grey Mer, a brand that already has a presence in the United States and has made red carpet appearances on Michelle Rodriguez and Bai Ling (but don't let that put you off). Should you want to do a little shoppa-shoppa, we've included the sites that do US ecommerce sales. Click through the gallery to see the shoes you're gonna want, as well as a bike bag that may inspire you to buy a whole new bike.
· Ballin [Official Site]
· Grey Mer [Official Site]
· Mauri [Official Site]