Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Karl and his muse Blake. Can someone please explain this to us again?
- Rihanna wearing Stella McCartney -- said it before, we'll say it again: We love this look on her.
- As much as we hate to say it, doesn't Anna look amazing? Of course, you would too if you had the kind of lifestyle that afforded you couture Chanel
- The designers looked amaze, too: like Vera Wang in aâ€¦is it chartreuse? Screaming yellow zonker? Whatever, awesome.
- Apparently, they'll let anyone in. Good thing his hair and her dress matches.
- Tom For and Carolyn Murphy
- We're not really sure of why she's so huge right now, but Mia Wasikowska looks awesome in this Thakoon dress
- The woman of the hour, Sarah Burton. Amaze.
- Kristen Stewart and the Proenza Schouler boys. What do you think they talk about?
- It's all about proportion: Carmelo Anthony and Lala Vasquez
- Kayne in Tory Burch. Hee hee hee, not like THAT in Tory Burch. Again. what do you think they talk about?
- Christina Hendricks inâ€¦does it matter? Why does her stylist hate her so much?
- Eva Mendes in what might be our favorite dress, by Stella McCartney
- Dakota Fanning in Valentino
The Met Ball is always like the Oscars, Halloween, prom and cotillion, all rolled into one (and just another reason why we're sad to be on the West Coast right now). Blah blah blah, we know you just want the fashion, so we've selected a few of our absolutely, positively favorite looks. No real surprises -- all the usual suspects looked either fantastic (Eva Mendes Rihanna) or completely tragic (don't hate, but Christina Hendricks was?). And the designers and fashion insiders themselves looked pretty fantastic, too. What were some of your favorite looks?
· Beyonce, Anna Wintour, Diane Kruger, and More at the Met Ball [Racked NY]