Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- This shoe looks like something Miuccia Prada might have designed for Anthropologieâ€¦after she'd gone on a 3-day meth bender. Still, these have that jolie laide thing going on. Too bad these don't light up like a number of the other lucite heels from Irr
- Probably the only time you can ever say Chanel is just like a mullet: these lucite heels are business in the front, party in the back.
- These Burberry shoes remind us of something you'd get in "Dress up and play princess" funset you'd get as a little girl. Available at The Outnet
- The captoe and nude/peachy color elevator these Chloes. Available at Neiman Marcus
- These Jimmy Choos may veer a little close to stripper-looking, but the slightly avant garde, edgy style redeems them. Available at Jimmy Choo
- This peppy yellow number is an exclusive Vena Cava collab with TenOverSix. With a chunky heel and poppin' color, these shoes will not make anyone think it's ok to shove a dollar bill in your undies. Available at
- There's a lot going on with these ASOS pumps (we prefer the beige to the blue), but they're definitely fun, flirty and just the right amount of sassy. Available at
- How awesome is the cubist/iceburg heel on these Balenciagas? Available at YOOX
Most of the time, the phrase lucite heels is synonymous with skank, stripper, or exotic dancewear store on a scary part of Hollywood Blvd. Yes, Fendi did those uber-popular platforms last year, but with the 6" heel and the bondage-lite lacing up the ankle, they weren't exactly lady-like. Around the same season, Prada also did a series of very poorly-received lucite wedges -- and we think it's time lucite heels are reclaimed for the fashion set.
The thing is, lucite can be sweet, demure, fun, and not trashy at all (or at least, not Taylor Momsen trashy). We've rounded up a few pairs of shoes with lucite heels that you can wear without making anyone think you have a stripper pole in your bedroom.
· All Racked LA trend coverage [Racked LA]