Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- French Connection's summer lookbook.
- Isabel Marant, $1100
- LA's own Jenni Kayne made one of our faves this spring, $450
- Rag and Bone's skinny jeans, styled with Isabel Marant pumps
- Edmund Castillo, $595
- J Brand's cobalt skinnies, styled with stilettos
- Sigerson Morrison flat, $426
- Christian Louboutin
- Burberry Prorsum
- J Brand's navy Gigi cropped flare jeans, styled with Louboutins
- Victoria's Secret Platforms, $68
- Proenza Schouler, at Revolve
- French Connection, $150
- Target kitten heels, $24.95
- Isabel Marant
- Elizabeth and James Falin Suede Pumps, $245
- Nine West linen kitten heel, $41
- Ivanka Trump heels, $129
- Guiseppe Zanotti, $650 at Revolve
- Belle by Sigerson Morrison Pointy Toe Flat, $220, La Garconne
- Jil Sander Slingback Flat, at La Garconne
- Jeffrey Cambell Flats, $110
- Anne Klein Pipa, $69
- Lasonia heels, Endless, $22 (also in neon pink!)
Sharpened toes and narrow heels are back! You can blame the French for this one -- in particular, Isabel Marant, whose '80s throwback slouchy boots with narrow heels have had fashionistas drooling for several seasons now. Yea, we know this trend has been floating around for the past year, but as LA's chilly days become increasingly rare, we encourage you to take your pointy-toed wonders out of the closet NOW -- or pick up a shiny new pair -- and wear them before the heat begs for airier footwear.
Sharp-toed shoes add punch to your neutrals, bring structure to spring's drapey fabrics, and look superb with colorblocking, especially all the amazingly colorful skinny jeans we've been seeing in stores. Besides the classic stiletto heel, designers are making more walk-friendly pointy-toed kitten heels and even flats.
Rest assured you'll get a lot of use out of your new shoes this year. You can get a few months of wear this spring, before the SoCal heat demands you strap on your Swedish Hasbeens.
· All Racked LA trend coverage [Racked LA]