Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
If ever there was a time to buy new shades, it's NOW. Coachella in a couple of days, HELLO? And it looks like spring has finally sprung; despite a few overcast days, we're getting more hours of sunshine, which means it's perfectly acceptable to buy at least a couple of styles included in this post.
1. Marc by Marc Jacobs 200/s—These are pretty much the sunglasses we would have designed when we were seven...and we would have insisted on having a matching pair for our Barbie. ($98, available at Nordstrom and Bloomingdale's)
2. Oliver Peoples Lipsofire—What better to go with spring's Little White Dress than a pair of matching shades? Remember, monochrome is in. ($310, available at three LA-area Oliver Peoples boutiques, or online)
3. Dior Panther—Combines the cat-eye trends with an appropriate leopard print without going overboard. ($295, available at Solstice Sunglass boutiques)
4. House of Harlow 1960 Sasha—Our East Coast sisters already went nuts over the tassel sunglasses from Nicole Richie. The entire debut line of sunwear should be hitting Kitson soon. ($149, available at Kitson or online)
5. LA Eyeworks M. Cornu—We can always count on LAE to come up with the best color treatments in the perfect retro cat-eye shape. ($420, available at LA Eyeworks boutiques on Melrose and Beverly Boulevard)