Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- NEW YORK, NY - FEBRUARY 15: Manneguins display the designs at the Rachel Roy Fall 2011 presentation during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at The Donald & Mary Oenslager Gallery on February 15, 2011 in New York City. (Photo by Jeff Gentner/Getty Images)
- NEW YORK, NY - FEBRUARY 14: A model walks the runway at the Tracy Reese Fall 2011 fashion show with TRESemme during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at The Studio at Lincoln Center on February 14, 2011 in New York City. (Photo by Frazer Harrison/Getty Images fo
- Alice + Olivia. Photo credit: Getty Images.
- NEW YORK, NY - FEBRUARY 14: Models walk the runway at the Betsey Johnson Fall 2011 fashion show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at The Theatre at Lincoln Center on February 14, 2011 in New York City. (Photo by Frazer Harrison/Getty Images for IMG)
- Carlos Miele. Photo credit: Getty Images.
A complete Idiot's CliffsNotes Guide to what's happening on that other coast where our sister bloggers have to fight snow and stuff to watch fashion shows in a tent.
· Carolina Herrera played with exaggerated necklines and cuffs.
· Rachel Roy: OMG TRENCH COATS
· Carlos Miele had cowl hoods and dramatic snake-like braided details.
· Woolrich John Rich & Bros explored their feminine side.
· Tracy Reese was all about the fur and leather, including a fur mini skirt.
· Donna Karan New York channeled a very demure 50's lady (who wears fur sleeves, of course) into her collection.
· Monique Lhuillier played with prints, lace and a red feathered minidress.
· Alice + Olivia had glamorous, vintage-inspired clothes and cupcakes.
· Betsey Johnson had two-tone boobs, crazy floral jumpsuits, hot pants, blood roses...exactly what you'd expect.
· Chado Ralph Rucci explored colors and editors actually applauded during the show.
· All Fashion Week coverage [Racked]