Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Antonio Azzuolo.
- Charlotte Ronson. Photo credit: Cynthia Drescher
- Photo courtesy of N.Hoolywood
- Tommy Hilfiger. Photo credit: Getty Images
- NEW YORK, NY - FEBRUARY 12: A model walks the runway during the Band of Outsiders Fall 2011 fashion show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at SIR Stage on February 12, 2011 in New York City. (Photo by Slaven Vlasic/Getty Images)
- Photo courtesy of Gant by Michael Bastian.
- Photo courtesy Billy Reid
- NEW YORK, NY - FEBRUARY 12: Lindsey Wixson walks the runway at the Jill Stuart Fall 2011 fashion show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at The Stage at Lincoln Center on February 12, 2011 in New York City. (Photo by Peter Michael Dills/Getty Images for IM
- Elise Overland with Johnny Weir's dramatic entrance. Photo by Cynthia Drescher.
A complete Idiot's CliffsNotes Guide to what's happening on that other coast where our sister bloggers have to fight snow and stuff to watch fashion shows in a tent.
· Lindsey Wixson walked in Jill Stuart's decidedly 70's show full of color blocking and literal animal prints.
· Prabal Gurung drove us crazy with a gorgeous ombre fur coat that will probably never ever, ever, ever come into our price range.
· ADAM had a shockingly wearable collection, in that it's shocking that anything on a runway is actually wearable.
· Vivienne Tam was inspired by the Chinese opera, starting with subtle tweeds and ending with trompe l’oeil appliques on gowns.
· Charlotte Ronson was one of the hottest shows of the week with her rebellious prep school girl looks.
· Antonio Azzuolo would make PETA scream, but there were some good pieces like wacky jacquard blazers.
· United Bamboo showed a classic, investment-worthy collection full of plaids and neutrals for day-to-day elegance.
· Alexander Wang didn't do much for us with his trailing capes, pink fur pimp coats and heel mudflaps, but we loved the side-shredded dresses and tops.
· Band of Outsiders opened its first runway show with models rappelling from the ceiling.
· N.Hoolywood lives in an Amish Paradise.
· Gant by Michael Bastian presented woodsy clothes we would never wear in an actual woods where there is dirt and stuff.
· Billy Reid is still a blend of modern and old-school Southern perfection.
· Elise Overland ended Day 3 by putting models on ice. No, like, for real, and there were awesome boots and fur coats as well.
· All Fashion Week coverage [Racked]