- NEW YORK, NY - FEBRUARY 11: models walk the runway at the Cynthia Rowley Fall 2011 fashion show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at The Stage at Lincoln Center on February 11, 2011 in New York City. (Photo by Frazer Harrison/Getty Images for IMG)
- NEW YORK, NY - FEBRUARY 10: Model Baily West poses backstage at the Richie Rich Fall 2011 fashion show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at Hammerstein Ballroom on February 10, 2011 in New York City. (Photo by Marc Stamas/Getty Images)
- Christian Siriano. Photo credit: Cynthia Drescher
- NEW YORK, NY - FEBRUARY 10: A model walks the runway at the Duckie Brown Fall 2011 fashion show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at The Studio at Lincoln Center on February 10, 2011 in New York City. (Photo by Jemal Countess/Getty Images for IMG)
- Nicholas K. Photo credit: Getty Images
- Perry Ellis. Photo credit: Getty Images
- Mara Hoffman. Photo credit: Getty Images
- Tadashi Shoji. Photo credit: Getty Images
- NEW YORK, NY - FEBRUARY 10: A model walks the runway at the Luca Luca Fall 2011 fashion show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at The Stage at Lincoln Center on February 10, 2011 in New York City. (Photo by Frazer Harrison/Getty Images for IMG)
A complete Idiot's CliffsNotes Guide to what's happening on that other coast where our sister bloggers have to fight snow and stuff to watch fashion shows in a tent.
· Nicholas K kicked off the first official day with awesome outerwear/leatherwork and giant foldable geometric collars, plaid shirting, slouchy print scarves, oversized fur collars and an interesting take on trousers.
· BCBG had white turtleneck bodysuits under delicate dresses.
· Richard Chai reminded us why we love plaid but still cringe at formal shorts on men.
· Steven Alan, meanwhile, put legwarmers on men, but otherwise kept the preppy aesthetic going.
· Duckie Brown turned up the volume with slouchy, billowing pants for men.
· Mara Hoffman had the most gorgeous turbans and tassels ever.
· Luca Luca presented a badass Little Red Riding Hood that went to college, started a successful media career and along the way, ate the Big Bad Wolf and turned the rest of him into a modern leather and fur-trimmed cape.
· Tadashi Shoji presented breathtaking colorful, textured dresses.
· Vena Cava had berets, high-waisted pants and shrugs in a chic, non-grunge 90's revival.
· Ruffian kicked off Day 2 with a new meaning to rise and shine.
· Perry Ellis was an all-around American display, from the clothing styles to the immediate selling of his looks online.
· Peter Som had an awful lot of fur sleeves and fur pockets in between elegant looks.
· Rebecca Taylor captured all of the 70's, from disco to boho in one show.
· Rebecca Minkoff showed a runway collection for the first time, channeling her rockstar gypsy vibe from head to toe.
· Nicole Miller had the blues, and after watching the presentation, so did we.
· Cynthia Rowley played with velvet, silk crepe, charmeuse and leather textures with metallic accents and went all out with a gleaming silvery ankle-length drop-waist dress.
· Doo.Ri continues to show us how draping should be done.
· Jason Wu was visibly baroque, and we saw nothing that we would fix.
· All Fashion Week coverage [Racked]