Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Wine, cheese, and taxidermy at Alexis Bittar (8383 W. 3rd).
- Hilary Rush (8222 W. 3rd) hooked up guests with 50-70% off select covetable garb.
- JewelMint linked up with Satine (8134 W. 3rd) and offered a sweet deal on their Kate Bosworth-designed baubles: two pieces for $22.50, plus an additional 25% off, plus a free piece.
- Treats and spiked cider at Trina Turk (8008 W 3rd), who was offering 25% off most merchandise.
- What's a holiday party without elves on stilts?
- M. Cohen (8362 W. 3rd) offered sophisticated refreshments, chill tunes, and a free gift with purchase.
- The aforementioned flame-thrower surprised foot traffic with an impromptu fire dance.
West 3rd Street's annual holiday party is like a mini Fashion's Night Out. It's where shopaholics can enjoy late-night retail therapy and freeloaders can load up on complimentary food and drink.
The streets were filled with both last night, as just about every boutique on West 3rd between Fairfax and La Cienega participated in the festivities by offering storewide sales, gifts with purchase, free snacks, booze, and live entertainment. There was even gratis valet parking available on every block to ensure that the night didn't turn into a gridlock disaster. Overall, this year's event was one of the most well organized street fêtes we've seen in a hot minute. Peep the slideshow to see all the freebies, flame-throwers (really), and fun!
· West Third Street and Melrose Avenue Throw Holiday Parties [Racked]