Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Madison window photograph courtesy of ChadMichael Morrisette
- Agent Provocateur window photographed by Elizabeth Daniels
- Coco de Mer window photograph courtesy of ChadMichael Morrisette
- Neiman Marcus window photographed by Elizabeth Daniels
- Alpha Man window photograph courtesy of ChadMichael Morrisette
Has a window display ever influenced one of your purchases? Do you make a special holiday trip to the department stores to see their magical lights? Do you walk up and down Rodeo after dark to gawk at all the storefronts without the pesky tourists around? Do you even notice the cheeky lingerie displays and awkwardly posed mannequins any more? If so—do you duty and vote! From the top three vote-getters, we'll select a winner who'll be announced at a fancy gala in New York next week.