Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Mother's Day is coming soon, and if you're anything like us, your shopping trips to look for a gift have yielded more for yourself than for the woman who suffered through hours of labor for you. (It's not crazy to think that we'd find something she'd like in Marc Jacobs, right?) Thankfully, it's not too late to harness the power of the internet and local shops to find the perfect gift.
1. Instead of giving Mom a bouquet of real flowers that will die in a few days, give her a floral print scarf that will last for years. We know at least one mother who would love this delicate and feminine Lillies in Bloom scarf from Echo.
2. For a mother who believes in tough love, consider a tough bag. Romygold's embossed croc slit tote features tiny cuts in the leather for a less preppy look, and is big enough to hold a laptop or whatever else Moms need to carry to be prepared for anything.
3. It's finally possible to give mom a hissy fit that won't land you in time out—in fact, this one is actually good for her. Hissyfit's Anti-Aging Foundation has an broad-spectrum SPF of 50+ and comes in 8 shades. Plus, it uses all-natural ingredients like pomegranate, green tea, Australian daisy and cehami.
4. Mom may not be as young as she used to be, but that doesn't mean she can't still look it. Vichy's Neovadiol Gf is available at CVS drugstores across LA as a sort of new secret of anti-aging cream. It fights sagging skin that's specifically related to menopause, which is a pretty universal problem no matter how awesome your mom is.
5. California-based Guy and Eva offers really cute jewelry sold in an Avon-style format (meaning it's not available in stores—you have to find a local advisor through their web site). But we believe it's totally worth the hassle to get your hands on some seriously affordable and unique jewelry, like a sparkly floral dome ring. Isn't your mother worth it?
· Echo [Official Site]
· Romygold [Official Site]
· Hissyfit [Official Site]
· Vichy [Official Site]
· Guy and Eva [Official Site]