Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Why is it always easier to remember the bad things that happen than to celebrate the good? Is that just us? Whereas last year's fug shoe champion was clearly Alexander McQueen's lobster monster, no obvious horrorshows sprang to mind this year. Sure, there were some dogs that were pretty hard to forget (the Jimmy Choo X UGG collab, the Irregular Choice floral shoe/boot/sandal/gladiator), but nothing whose fug was so high in profile that it entered the zeitgeist.
All that said, we rounded up a collection of the top five uggo shoes of 2010.
- Jimmy Choo X UGGs. Star-spangled, fringed, leopard print mercifully, at least not all together. Available at Saks and
Grey Ant X Teva Hiking Stiletto. Two words: Just. NO. Available at New High Mart.
- Irregular Choice multi-hyphenate floral monstrosities. No comment necessary -- you have eyes, don't you? Available at Free People.
- Bernhard Willhelm x Camper. These kind of remind us of Diesel shoes from about five years ago. Only Diesel wasn't charging nearly $700 for the fug. Available at
- Versace Ankle Boots. We admit, it's sort of an arbitrary choice. Versace isn't exactly known for subtlety or versatility, these shoes veer too close to ClownTown for our comfort. Available at
Again, highly subjective, and if you'd like to nominate something, feel free.
· All Racked Recap coverage [Racked LA]