Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
· Shelter Furniture closes showroom, temporarily relocates to factory warehouse [Blackburn and Sweetzer]
· Mayor to announce Emerging Designer Showcase winners October 6 [LAFW]
· Zappos says clothing is its fastest-growing category [NYP]
· Don Fisher, founder of the Gap, died Sunday [NYT]
· Obama attempts to cut down the fashion industry lobby [WWD, subscription req'd]
· Scientists are developing spray-on clothes, other futuristic fashion [The Telegraph]