Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
The Fashion's Night Out intel is coming in thick and fast, with today's first bit of news coming courtesy of 3.1 Phillip Lim in West Hollywood. For the night of September 10 only, the designer will be releasing five new designs based on pieces from his archive, all updated with new fabrics and embellishments "to suit the fall season." The exact styles that will be re-launched won't be announced until next week, but a press release describes them as being "signature" and "classics", which means they'll probably be recognizable. Sadly, Lim will be in his New York store with model Irina Lazareanu on the night, which we imagine is because he's still recovering from the amazingness of his last trip to LA.
Just down the road on Melrose Ave, Fred Segal has released the full schedule of events they'll be hosting on the night—27 of them in total, spanning beauty, womenswear, menswear and shoes. We've cut-and-pasted the full list after the jump, which includes custom t-shirt draping sessions with the girls from Monrow, photo ops with The Cobrasnake, and a pop-up candy shop courtesy of Rory Beca.
· L’Agence introduces a limited edition FASHION RULES TM t-shirt celebrating Fashion’s Night Out. “Make Rules, Break Rules, Fashion Rules.”
· Stylists Julie Weiss and Eric Archibald, featured on MTV’s upcoming stylist-based reality show “Styl’D,” will offer one-on-one styling consultations.
· Celebrate the opening of the J Brand Gallery with co-Founders Jeff Rudes and Susie Crippen. Customers will receive a surprise gift—you won’t want to miss out.
· Monrow designers Megan George and Michelle Wenke will drape custom tees onto customers, a chance to win an Amber Valetta signed t-shirt, and Monrow gift bags with purchase.
· Designer Chan Luu will showcase new designs of fine wrap bracelets, demonstrating how to achieve her signature layering look, and offer a chance to win a one of a kind piece.
· Designer Rory Beca will introduce her Fall 09 Willy Wonka themed collection in a pop up candy shop.
· Paige Premium Denim designer Paige Geller demonstrates how to destroy your own jeans.
· Larry Leight reveals vintage eyewear by Oliver Peoples, available to buy for the first time ever.
· Whitley Kros designers Sophia Coloma and Marissa Ribisi teach how to perfect the oversized t-shirt look, and introduce a limited edition t shirt only available on this night.
· Opportunity to win a pair of limited edition Beats by Dr Dre headphones launching in October signed by an artist. Live demo of Beats headphones on models.
· Maison Martin Margiela staff will style customers and present archive pieces from various collections with an in-store presentation.
· Get your picture taken by Mark The Cobrasnake, who will also have his signature t-shirts for sale.
· Brooks Poitier designers Alison Brooks and Anika Poitier will showcase handmade one-of-a-kind necklaces created exclusively for Ron Herman.
Ron Robinson APOTHIA
· Kissable Couture Lip Gloss founder Keisha Whitaker will showcase her collection with a professional makeup artist on hand.
· Lisa Hoffman offers a therapist giving complimentary hand massages with her skincare products.
· Le Metier de Beaute to offer make up consultation and application.
· Ron Robinson, designer and owner of APOTHIA Los Angeles, will present the fragrance line, offering his new IF & Velvet Rope lotions complimentary with purchase.
Ron Robinson MENS
· Freedman Custom Shirts designer Randy Freedman will introduce his Freedman Custom Shirt Shop and custom fitting for customers.
· Nixon Watches owners Chad Dienna and Andy Latts will introduce a unique one-of-a-kind Nixon Watch worth $8,000, and gift customers upon purchases. Also in attendance will be the Nixon Skate & Snowboarders Team.
· Celebrity stylist and designer Joey Tierney will be providing styling tips and advice for customers.
Ron Robinson LIFESIZE
· Ella Moss and Splendid designers Moise Emquies and Pam Protzel will meet and greet customers.
· Childish Clothing owner and Designer Skye Hoppus (Mark Hoppus of Blink182’s wife) will show customers through her collection.
Ron Robinson StylObjects
· Vanishing Creatures creators Anita & Mark Mothersbaugh will present their hand sculpted organic artisan chocolates designed after endangered species for the first time ever. Proceeds go towards their conservation.
· Energy Muse desginer Timi Jandro will personally present her popular jewelry line.
Fred Segal Feet
· An acclaimed artist will be on hand to design custom-made Nike shoes for customers.
· Velvet Angel Footwear and Tubeflops by Sanuk will be in attendance.
· Mauros Café will serve special mini pizzas all night.
· Cool Haus ice cream truck will make homemade ice cream, ice cream sandwiches and cookies.
· All Fashion's Night Out Coverage [Racked]