Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
· Taking design inspiration from Echo Park's Stories bookstore [Apartment Therapy]
· Fresh & Easy opens in Pasadena, more SoCal stores coming [Fresh & Easy]
· Endovanera's David Hershberger is inspired by "things that evoke fear", like ninjas [JC Report]
· Marc Jacobs adds swimwear to kids' line Little Marc [WWD, subscription req'd]
· Newly emerged: Jil Sander's perfume ads starring Julia Restoin-Roitfeld [Now Smell This]
· Young designers rally against Chicago boutique Jake, which stopped paying them when the economy turned sour [NY Times]
· Cocoberry, Woodland—guess which big retailers these Indian brands are knocking off? [NY Times]