Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
For those looking to join the commenting fun on Racked, or just take this whole social networking thing to the next level, you can now do so using your Facebook account. Click the Connect with Facebook button below each Racked post, and you'll get a pop-up window asking if you want to link your Racked commenter identity with your Facebook account. Approve the request, and you're good to go.
A few particulars:
1) Your real name (as it appears on your Facebook profile) will appear on comments made on Racked through Facebook Connect.
2) You'll have full control over whether you want the comments you make on Racked fed into your Facebook newsfeed.
3) If you're logged into Facebook in the same browser you're using to read Racked, you'll be auto-logged into comment once you've linked your Racked commenter identity with Facebook Connect.
4) You're still welcome to use your homegrown Racked commenter account, or to login to comment as a guest.
5) If you've already signed up for a Racked commenter account, using Facebook Connect will create a new, separate commenter account. There's no way for us to merge the two accounts, so if you're happy with your current setup/avatar/username/etc, probably best to ignore this whole Facebook thing.