Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
The second webisode giving a preview of Johnny Cupcakes' store opening on Melrose Avenue, between Agent Provocateur and Tarina Tarantino, is up. Per Hypebeast: "Keeping true with his brand’s theme, Johnny Cupcakes previews the exhaustive process going into his upcoming Los Angeles location which includes numerous baking and oven references. Watch the video as he outlines the numerous intricate details as well as the design and manufacturing process."
It is pretty impressive. The company Johnny is working with to create these vintage-looking ovens and other pretend cookery works with Disney, Universal Studios and Jeff Koons, making it a fantastical retail world. No matter the actual tees and other mech, Johnny is making us very curious about checking this place out come Saturday, August 2 at 3pm.
· Johnny Cupcakes LA Shoppe: Webisode #2 [Hypebeast]
· Storecasting: Johnny Cupcakes Opening August 2, 3pm [Racked]
· Storecasting: Johnny Cupcakes [Racked]
· Sneak Peek Video: Johnny Cupcakes Melrose Boutique Preview [Racked]
· Johnny Cupcakes LA Store Preview Video [Highsnobiety]
· Storecasting: Johnny Cupcakes on Melrose [Racked]