Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Yay! Celebs like Jeremy Piven, Alessandra Ambrosia, and Stacy Kiebler get free shit! Because that's what these styling lounges are all about—that, and previewing lines for editors and stylists. Caro Marketing's Simply Stylist event at the Chateau Marmont was exactly this with the above peeps, among others. We went and took pics of the lines and learned a few things.
1) Of note were Jungle Gurl bikinis, one-of-a-kind swimsuits made entirely from re-worked vintage dresses from the '60s and '70s. Apparently, Jeremy Piven snagged a few for the honeys in his life. As did Alessandra Ambrosio, a matching mommy and me set for her and baby-on-the -way. (Sidebar: Jessica Trent is still named as the line's People's Revolution contact.)
2) It seems there are more and more denim labels at lesser premium prices—here it was Level 99, which retail for men's at $130-$150 and women's for $118.
3) On a similar less pricey end, MM Couture by Miss Me is an apparel collection that retails for mostly under $100. Is this the economy talking? There's usually not so much reasonably-priced stuff at these things.
4) Belle by Sigerson Morrison was there as well, which we all know is worthwhile and not as expensive as Sigerson.
5) We didn't know that Tylie Malibu did clothing, leather jackets and Ugg-ish boots, in addition to its handbags.
6) Don't think we'd ever seen the Bordeaux pieces that actually had the shapewear within. Do wonder if they does wonders. [RackedWire]