Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Tomorrow marks the opening of Orange County native and fashion darling Phillip Lim's third boutique worldwide at 631 North Robertson Boulevard. We get some glossy, pretty pics via Refinery 29, which Q&A-ed with the designer. Some snip its include Lim referring to LA as a "new frontier—a sorta gold rush if you will," explaining, "the mixture of locals and the newly transplanted are creating this interesting future for the city." And on his favorite element of the new 5,000-square-foot boutique: "That's difficult, like having to choose your favorite child. However, if pushed to choose, it would be the use of acoustic foam pyramids that line the interior walls—the texture and balance between hard and soft is genius!"
· 3.1 Phillip Lim, West Hollywood [Refinery 29]
· Storecasting: Phillip Lim on Robertson Opening July 20 [Racked]
· Phillip Lim Homecoming on Robertson [WWD, subscription req]
· Storecasting: Phillip Lim on Robertson [Racked]
· Now Open: Shizue on Brighton Way, Plus Steven Alan Annex and Phillip Lim Coming [Racked]