Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Matching famous faces with the products they're selling, here via Sellebrity!
1) Lindsay Lohan: Having just launched her 6126 leggings line last weekend, Lindsay has hopped over to Paris for the Fornarina Urban Beauty Show, where it was revealed that she's the new face of the Italian lifestyle brand. Per Women's Wear Daily, "The brand plans to open flagship boutiques in London, Paris and New York later this year and to triple sales within five years..." Fornarina is also redesigning its boutiques, which will include "a Denim Bar, designed like a bar or club; a Powder Room, which will showcase accessories including shoes, bags, jewelry and eyewear; a Total Look concept featuring the latest technology such as plasma screens plus ready-to-wear collections, and a Rock Out cultural zone with performances by local DJs in a bid to connect with potential customers." Oh, and Lindsay is interested in designing accessories for the company. [WWD, subscription req]
2) Vanessa Paradis: Kirsten Dunst is done as Miu Miu's brand ambassador—next up is Vanessa Paradis for the autumn/winter '09 campaign. Per Catwalk Queen, "The ads will once again be left up to the photography talents of Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott who shot Dunst for her spring '08 campaign." [Catwalk Queen]
3) Josh Hartnett: The actor will be posing with Emporio Armani Diamonds for Men. Per Fashionista: "The fragrance launches worldwide in August, and Armani's already talking about a 'memorable TV campaign'. Can't wait to see him dancing alongside Beyonce, the face of Armani Diamonds for Women." [Fashionista]
4) Tori Spelling: From PR Newswire: "Starlet Tori Spelling and her 13-month-old son, Liam, are the first celebrity pairing to kick off a new ad campaign for Skechers USA, Inc." The release continues, casting Tori as part of its crew of "celebrity icons," among them Britney, Ashlee, Christina Aguilera and Carrie Underwood. Yay! Look forward to more big clompy shoes for the whole family! [PR Newswire]
5) Paris Hilton: Be fake just like Paris, now through Sally Beauty Supply! Again, from the ever-informative PR Newswire: "Hair Tech International, Inc., is proud to announce that it has signed Sally Beauty Supply as the exclusive North American retailer for the Clipin-Go by Paris Hilton(TM) Hair Extension system." The beauty supply chain is all over the place too, so virtually anyone's a few miles away from Hilton's "ten shades of HOT." [PR Newswire]