Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Now that we're 24-hours into Racked LA's existence, perhaps it's time for a quick guide to the ins and outs of the site. Please match the numbers above to their corresponding descriptions below.
1) Racked Email: Slow adapters to the blog format will have their hearts warmed to know that starting soon, we'll be offering Racked LA via email. Use this box to sign up for our completely free daily email newsletter.
2) Racked Tipline: Racked is nothing, a mere shell of a website, without tips, rants, raves, and random musings from our readers. Anytime that you need to be in touch with Racked and its editors—send us a hot scoop, have a pic for us, want to vent about a shopping experience gone wrong—use the tipline. firstname.lastname@example.org is your direct link to us. We read emails fast and when possible reply with equal alacrity (things to know about sending us email).
3) Racked Photo Pool: There's also the Racked Photo Pool. The Pool lets users of the photo sharing website Flickr assign photos to the pool. (If you're not a member of Flickr, signup is easy and free.) The most recent half a dozen will appear right there in the second column automatically, and from time to time we'll pluck our favorites and give them the full Racked treatment in this column. We've populated the pool with a few photos to get it going, but now it needs your attention. Give it a go.
4) Racked RSS: Racked is also available via RSS. (What's RSS?). You can subscribe anytime by clicking on the link right up there, "Add RSS," or just click one of these links: Racked full content feed (xml)/Racked full comments feed
5) Racked DEALFEED: And, finally, we come to the DEALFEED. As perhaps you may have gathered, this is our way of getting you the latest information on sales and special deals. All DEALFEED deals appear in this column, then migrate over to that cool DEALFEAD widget over there in column three. Of course, if you hear of a cool deal and want to share, think of us.