Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Celebs sell the merch and we write about it at Sellebrity—all the latest dope on which famous faces match whatever sneakers, perfume, designer and chain consumables.
Photos via Nitrolicious
1) Ashlee Simpson: Above are preview pics from Ashlee Simpson's line of tees for tween/teen chain Wet Seal (ranging from $16-$20), debuting April 22 in conjunction with the launch of her Bittersweet World album. It seems the announcement that Ashlee and Pete Wentz are engaged comes at pretty strategic timing. Though who knows how they feel about the rumors that the pop singer is pregnant, but as it's been proved over and over, pub is pub. [Nitrolicious]
2) Kate Moss: Does a day go by when Kate Moss doesn't land another contract? After being dumped by Agent Provocateur, Fashionista reports "Kate is back on board, this time as the face of AP's bridal range. The campaign's already been shot by Nick Knight—and Kate plays a bride who changes her mind at the last minute." [Fashionista]
3) Victoria Beckham: After reports that Beckham's dVb denim range was being dropped by Fred Segal and Kitson for not selling and lack of promotional involvement by The Spice Girl, The Cut counters with a quote from Kitson owner Fraser Ross in British Vogue: "The rumours are ridiculous—Kitson is extremely proud to be selling dVb by Victoria Beckham... We are fully committed to the dVb collection and our customers and Victoria's fans ask for it daily. I've seen next season's collection and I can't wait to get it in-store, especially the new dVb men's collection, launching in September." No word yet from Fred Segal. [The Cut]
4) Fergie: The pop star's latest spring '08 collection of handbags, totes, satchels and other accessories for Kipling is now available. Per Nitrolicious: "The collection is 'glossy and glamorous' like Fergie herself with bright colors in patent leather and bold prints. The range retails from $38 for a cosmetic case to $158 for a large tote...I wasn’t impressed with the first collection and still not convinced with the second." Read: the first collection was hideous, the second is less hideous. For images, click here. Also in Fergie news, she's recording "Labels & Love," for the opening sequence of the Sex and the City movie. Ugh. [Nitrolicious; Catwalk Queen]
5) Jennifer Hudson: Also on the Sex and the City soundtrack is Oscar-winner Jennifer Hudson. Per Catwalk Queen: "She also stars in the film with a small role as Carrie's new personal assistant, Louise. She has laid down a track for the film called 'All Dressed Up in Love,' written by MC Jack Splash and Gnarls Barkley's Cee-Lo, which plays during the final credits." Might just be the best thing about the movie. [Catwalk Queen]